Relief efforts are gaining momentum in Sint Maarten and Saint Martin, the community is coming together and the recovery is underway. While progress is being made it’s still a challenging situation on the island. If you haven’t yet (or have) please donate to help SXM!
Here’s an update on distribution of relief supplies, grocery information, gas station information and info on medical services. This is not an all inclusive list and it’s admittedly skewed towards the Dutch side. That’s only because I’m getting a lot of information from Laser 101 in Sint Maarten.
This is information I have gathered this morning. I will continue to try and gather information and post it throughout the day. If you know of anything else, please send me a note.
Sint Maarten information
- Tackling gas station in Cole Bay will be open today from 10 am to 2:30 pm. There is a $20 (36 guilder) limit per person/car.
Grocery Stores Open Daily
- Prime Distributors grocery in Cole Bay will be open Monday through Saturday from 8:30 am to 2 pm until further notice.
- Market Garden – Simpson Bay
- Red Fox Supermarket – Cole Bay
- Best Choice Supermarket – Cole Bay
- Quality Foods Supermarket – Cole Bay
- People’s Supermarket – A. Th. Illidge Road
- Food 99 – Bush Road
- Pondfill Market – Pondfill
- Y + M Market – Backstreet
- Super 2-3 – Dutch Quarter
- Vance – Dutch Quarter
- Lucky Star – Dutch Quarter
Food and Water Distribution Points
- St. Peter’s District – 11 am
- Cole Bay District – 12 pm
- Middle Region – 3 pm
Individuals are requested to bring suitable bags and clean containers to receive the food and water. Anyone interested in volunteering to assist with the food and water distribution may join the distribution teams when they reach your district.
The mobile health bus will be providing medical services to people living in the following areas from 9 am to 11 am and again from 12 pm to 2 pm:
- Dutch Quarter
- Oyster Pond
- Dawn Beach
The mobile bus assistance is focused on helping people who cannot reach their general practitioners. Bring boxes of prescribed medications for refill. Since the baby clinic in non-operational, vaccination services will be administered by the mobile health bus.
GEBE Emergency Numbers – 1 844 432 3212 (toll free), 546 1127, 546 1193, 546 1160, 546 1100
St Martin Water
Water distributions will be made daily from 9 pm to 5 pm at three locations:
– West Indies – Marigot
– Hope Estate – Leroy Merlin
– College – Quartier d ‘ Orléans
Distribution is happening continuously in order to deliver water to the sites. Please be prepared to wait.
The Super U store of Marigot (Howel Center) reopened its doors on Thursday 14 September. It’s open from 8 am to 5 pm. Purchases are limited to one basket per adult.